We’ve all got those few pieces that make it out of the house all the time, but do they make it back out of the washing machine after a tough night out? Some days, that’s a tossup. Here’s how to protect your most-worn fashion pieces from biting the dust in the washing process:
- Choose colors wisely: Hi, I’m Cailin and I’m a spiller. (Hi, Cailin.) As such, white and basically anything on the spectrum below charcoal are NOT my friends. It’s ok to pick your clothes based on the fact that you’re, um, kinda clumsy (or overzealous when you’re near the salsa).
- Cycle right: While the casual/heavy cycle is great for towels, use the gentle cycle for soft fabrics like cotton.
- Don’t wash too often: Of course you don’t want to re-wear something smelly, but if you were only out in it for an hour in temperate weather, there’s often no reason to wash after only one wear. The fewer times you wash it, the longer it will last. (Note: once they’ve been on the floor, they must be washed again, so re-hang right away if you want to re-wear!)
- Turn your clothes inside out! Those prints and appliques will stay vibrant and last so much longer that way.
- Use fabric conditioner. The science supports it: fabric conditioners lubricate clothes, helping them withstand the friction of the pulling, tugging wash cycle that much better.
I recently started using Downy Fabric Conditioner with my clothes, and it makes a huge difference! My go-to sheer grey layering tee is so much softer now, and I don’t worry about its thin fabric in the washer.
Fellow trendsetters: Downy protects all clothes, from the LBD to the palazzo pant!
Instead of losing their shape, clothes bounce back to their storebought form. Colors stay true and resist fading. Even towels are protected from pilling and fuzz, and the best part is, everything is softened for added comfort.
Plus, Downy Fabric Conditioner provides clothes with long-lasting freshness and reduces wrinkles better than using detergent alone.
Downy Fabric Conditioner is available at Walmart and Walmart.com for everyday low prices. Learn more and shop for it here.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/P&G.