This post sponsored by Trident for my participation in this campaign as part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network
It’s Fashion Week, and stylistas are running around like crazy to view the designers’ newest, chic-est collections. There are myriad guides on must-haves for surviving the madness, but there’s one essential I rarely see mentioned that I never leave home without.
It’s chewing gum!
- Fashion Week requires fresh breath. When meeting Karlie Kloss, you’d better floss. (I couldn’t resist.) You don’t want a “excuse me, Ms. Wintour” moment with nasty-smelling breath — trust me. Fresh breath will give you the confidence to approach models and designers alike with ease.
- Gum helps control hunger. It’s hard to get a second to eat sometimes when you’re running from show to show, so you’ll need something to hold back the beast. Choose a sugarfree gum like Trident (the first national sugar-free gum in the US and the leading sugar-free gum brand) – you don’t want to be mindlessly munching sugar all day when you’re really hungry for actual nutrition! Empty calories = so not Chanel.
- It’s actually good for your teeth. Really! Chewing Trident for 20 minutes after eating and drinking helps to clean and protect teeth. Plus, whether youâ€™re in the mood for a refreshing mint flavor like Spearmint or a fruity flavor like Tropical Twist, Trident helps fight cavities. In fact, 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed would recommend Trident to their patients. Good teeth are a fashion must – and bad ones can ruin even the cutest of outfits.
- Of course, you can’t just chew gum to take care of your mouth. Brush teeth twice a day, for at least two minutes each time, floss daily, and visit a dentist regularly (every 6 months). Just don’t schedule your appointment for Fashion Week.
- Give while you chew. Trident is charitable and has supported Oral Health Americaâ€™s non-profit program Smiles Across America for the past 11 years, donating more than $2,500,000 & helping more than two million underserved children get preventative dental care. During the week of 9/20, every pack of Trident gum purchased will spur a $0.05 donation to Smiles Across America, up to $250,000. (Void in AL, MA and SC. )
- A quick fashion fix. It may sound gross, but when you’re trapped out on the show circuit and a belt breaks, sometimes a slightly chewed piece of gum is the ultimate fashion fix. No kidding – it’s saved more than one look for me!
Find Trident around the Webiverse:
- Trident Gum: http://www.tridentgum.com
- Trident Gum Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tridentgum
- Trident Gum Twitter: @tridentgum
- Find out more about Smiles Across America: http://oralhealthamerica.org/programs/smiles-across-america
I am being compensated by Trident for my participation in this campaign as part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are my own.