It’s during the middle-aged years that adults grow wiser, having learned from their previous mistakes. The middle-aged years is also a time when adults start seeing the results of their food choices. Stomachs may begin to balloon, thighs widen and hips thicken. However, diet isn’t the only culprit. Stress also plays a role in what an adult’s body looks like after she enters her middle years. Exercise is one option to slim down, getting back to earlier sizes. But, it’s not the only option.
Sassy Dove spends most of the year suggesting ways to make yourself more beautiful. Well, it’s our first Christmas as a website and that means we’re going to do something special: suggesting ways you can make your inside and the world around you more beautiful.
Making the world more beautiful is easier than you think. If you’re lacking the funds to give back this Christmas, you can still do good. Volunteer at a local homeless shelter, soup kitchen or food bank. Animal sanctuaries always need help. There are even ways to give back from your computer – creative websites, like FreeRice.com which lets you solve vocabulary questions to donate rice to the less fortunate or TabForaCause.org which lets you raise charity money by surfing the web, allow us to participate in the spirit of the season from home.
Merry Christmas Eve! With all of the products I try, it’s a very good sign if one ends up in my everyday routine. I thought you girls might be interested in an early Christmas present: knowing which products make it to my daily makeup bag (which is a MAC Wonder Woman bag, by the way!). Don’t you feel special? Here’s a rundown:
- Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara: This is my current favorite, but that may only be because I haven’t gotten to try the Volume version or Diorshow Black Out yet.
- MAC Brow Set: For the sleekest looking eyebrows, I use this in Beguile.
- Chanel Teint Innocence Liquid Foundation: The absolute best foundation out there. I wear Gentle Ivory.
- Japonesque Touch Up Razor Set: Got a stray brow hair? This little tool will fix it in a jiffy – no tweezing required!
- L’Oreal True Match Concealer: I use this in Fair Light Warm, which is a bit lighter than my foundation but covers dark circles and redness completely and blends well.
- Redpoint Blushwhip: I’m loving this new product, which gives me a healthy, natural glow in seconds.
- Q-Tips: How do I use thee? Let me count the ways…
Don’t hit me, but I often get told I look like Scarlett Johansson. No, really. I started out blonde in life and when her movieĀ The Island came out, I literally got a call from my ex-boyfriend proclaiming she was my double. (Other motives? Who knows…)
For years since then I’ve been a redhead – then blammo, The Avengers hits the box office, she’s a redhead too and the comments start up again. I’m certainly not complaining, since by the looks of ScaJo I’ll definitely take it as a compliment, but I definitely don’t think I’m on her level. However, though our features may be similar, we have totally different makeup styles.
Continue reading “Celebrity Makeup: Who’s Your Beauty Double?” »
Good morning ladies, and thanks to everyone who participated in ourĀ Studio Gear Cosmetics Holiday Smoky Eye Palette Giveaway! You guys are all awesome, and I’m sure every single one of you is a winner in some way. Kumbaya and all that rot.
However, out of all you fake politically correct obligatory-soccer-trophy winners, there’s one REAL winner. Her name is…*drumroll*