A model’s beauty endures more scrutiny than that of any other celebrity. Lucky for this model, Daria Werbowy is gorgeous! The runway maven and Lancome’s mug of choice, Daria offered up a bunch of model beauty tips for us regular mild-mannered human beings to steal. Enjoy!
We’ve all heard tales of the dangers of heat damage since we were old enough to hold a hairdryer – and curly-haired ladies battle blowdrying frizz daily. As a result, many women with curly or long locks adhere religiously to the wonders of towel drying; however, that may be causing your hair more damage than it’s preventing!
Truth is, rubbing hair dry vigorously with a towel creates frizz and causes breakage to sensitive wet hair. Still, towel drying can make ending up sans Afro easier than blowdrying hair, and it’s not damaging if it’s done right. Here are some solutions for drying hair without creating breakage and frizz:
Acclaimed singer and actress Jennifer Lopez could have named her fragrance “Glow” after herself, since she’s always looking so fresh and gorgeous, and at 44 years old to boot. Jealous? Don’t be – just grab Jen’s look with tips from the starlet herself. Here are some of the beauty products she swears by:
- Christian Dior Diorskin AirFlash– “You spray-paint it so it goes on quickly and you’re done,” J.Lo says.
- Jennifer Lopez’s devoted makeup artist Scott Barnes likes Bobbi Brown’s Foundation Stick to sculpt and highlight her features.
- Kerastase Reflection Chroma Protective Polishing Cream– This product is great for dry, thirsty hair.
- Scott says he uses Guerlain’s Terracota Bronzer on JLo, and that it “will give you that tawny, sun-kissed look to make you feel like a golden goddess.” Yes, please!
- L’Occitane Mimosa Bath – Jennifer calls the soap from this collection “yummy.”
- Scott says his Scott Barnes Body Bling will give your bod that perfect J. Lo glow! Use the Original Scott Barnes Body Bling to bronze your legs/arms, and highlight your shoulders/décolletage with Platinum Scott Barnes Body Bling.
- Clarins Sheer Bronze Tinted Self Tanning For Legs – Self-tanner with aloe vera, cocoa and Vitamin E for a natural-looking tan within 2 hours makes J.Lo’s list.
- Bourjois Effet 3D Ultra Glossy Lipstick – Jennifer Lopez wears this high-shine half-gloss, half lipstick in #89 Transparent Magic (that’s “clear” to most of us).
Sources: Glamour, Cosmopolitan, SeenOn
Man, your hair’s so weak. You other hair abusers probably know what I’m talking about: a couple of days after you color, you squeeze the ends of your hair and flinch. Your hair feels like superthin strands of uncooked pasta, ready to break off at any minute.
Unfortunately, wimpy, fragile hair like this and consistent coloring treatments go hand in hand. Hair becomes weak and thin from the use of alkaline products, which includes the ammonia in most hair coloring or perming chemicals. Products are considered alkaline when their pH level is above the neutral level of 7 (the pH of water). Is anyone reminded of science class yet?
Luckily, you don’t have to ditch that beautiful if unnatural shade (biased? Me?) to strengthen your meek little locks. Simply pick products containing polymers!