#ad Ladies, we’re getting super real today. Â Faint-of-heart boys might want to cover their ears.
As women, we’re expected to look — and smell — great all the time, even at the gym (thanks to Instagram, where the fit-chicks look polished and fab hip-thrusting 200 pounds). Unfortunately, we can barely navigate the difficulties of life much less a HIIT workout while smelling like a rose. Things just.. aren’t always fresh, especially through a sweat sesh. Continue reading “Every Gym Girl’s Best Kept Secret… @Goodwipes #ad” »
We sleep for about a third of our entire lifespan. That means spending about 8 hours of every day or 4 months of every year in bed. This translates to approximately 25 years of slumber once we get to the age of 75. With this in mind, it makes complete sense to pull all stops when it comes to getting the best bed. After all, you wouldnâ€™t want to spend a good portion of your lifetime in discomfort. But a good bed is an investment, and finding one that fits your home and suits your sleeping preferences can be a challenge. Before shopping, you need to have a clear idea of what you want for your bedroom set. The bed frame, which typically consists of a base, headboard, and footboard, dictates how your bed looks by itself and in relation to the rest of your bedroom or home. Also, it ensures that your bed has a dedicated space, and it raises the bed enough so that you can easily access it. Among the things you need to think about before heading to a furniture store and purchasing a bed frame are:
1. Bed size: Beds take up a lot of space, so you need to consider first how much floor area can be set aside for the bed frame. In addition, you also need to decide on an acceptable bed size, which will depend on your preferences and whether or not youâ€™ll be sleeping alone. Will you need a queen bed, or will a twin be enough for you? Will there be enough free space in the bedroom should you choose to go with a king bed?
2. Material and design: Bed frames are typically made of wood or metal, and they come in a variety of designs to suit the ambiance or theme of any bedroom. Consider who will be using the room and what their preferences are. If you need to save space and accommodate kids, for example, you can go with sturdy bunk beds that have bright, cheery colors. But if youâ€™re feeling fancy and you have the budget and space for it, you can choose to go with a canopy or a four post bed.
3. Movability: If youâ€™re a rolling stone, you might need to consider a bedâ€™s movability. This way, you wonâ€™t have a hard time moving the bed if youâ€™re planning to sell it or take it with you when you leave. You can try to find a bed frame that can be disassembled into smaller pieces, but they are usually harder to come by. If you want, you can look into beds with casters or bed frames with smaller headboards and footboards.
4. Budget: Depending on the design, a bed frame can be affordable to expensive. Set your expectations based on your preferences, but donâ€™t get tricked into thinking that a more expensive bed frame is better than a cheaper one. If you think an entire set is out of your budget, you can opt to buy the base, headboard, and footboard separately. Thoroughly inspect the material and quality of your selections before making your final choice. Remember that a good bed frame must last through several beds.
Your bed frame may serve as the centerpiece of your bedroom, so you should take time to think about the exact type of bed that you want to sleep in. Once youâ€™ve decided on a bed that might just work for you, start browsing your local furniture stores or their websites. Be prepared to make small compromises when shopping, but always try to stick to the idea of the perfect bed you have in mind. Remember that when buying a bed, youâ€™re not only investing in a piece of furniture — youâ€™re also investing on an item that will help you sleep better at night.
For those who love gadgets, fitness watches might be something you are eyeing; but is it worth the price you are going to pay? The answer is it depends. So, who should consider investing in a watch?
If you are an athlete, where performance really matters, you may want to make the investment. Heart rate, calories burned, speed, and other relevant information can help you improve on performance. If you require this information, and need to improve on your stats, a fitness watch might be something you may want to invest in.
Know what the watch is geared for. If you lift weights, you might not need to know your heart rate. But, if you are a runner, swimmer, biker, or other fast-paced action sport enthusiast, the information may be critical. So know what the watch can do, how accurate it is, and what metrics it is going to calculate, to determine if it is a wise investment for you to make. If you are interested in purchasing a fitness watch then there are loads of retailers which sell them. I would recommend comparing some catalogues before purchasing a watch to make sure you get the best deal.
How much data can it store. How do you view the data? Can you view if you are improving on your stats? Again, if it is not going to give you the information you require to truly improve, should you invest in it? Make sure you know what the watch stores, calculates, and what information it is going to provide you, so that you truly do improve on your development in your respective sport.
Although some people simply like to own gadgets, some people truly must track performance and improvement if they are professional athletes. If you are looking to improve, capture data, and make leaps in your output, a fitness watch might be an investment to consider. But, otherwise, fitness tracker apps might be a cheaper route for those who don’t require absolute precision in their tracking for their sports.
People with the love for gardens around the globe cherish putting fountains among their plants, shrubs, flowers, and bushes. With the Christmas season approaching us in a few months, many people might receive their first outdoor fountain as a present this year. Water fountains make great gifts year-round. If youâ€™re thinking to gift one, SoothingWalls.com will be your best bet offering a wide range of outdoor fountains.
Outdoor fountains offer a very delightful sight and fit well with any space. Moreover, they are very tranquil and have a great comforting impact on people. Thus, in case you are getting or giving an outdoor fountain, here are a couple of tips on its care and maintenance that youâ€™ll want to be well-versed with. The right kind of care and appropriate cleaning will keep your outdoor garden fountain running smoothly for a long time.
Outdoor Fountain Care 101
1. Cleaning Your Garden Fountain
It is as imperative to keep your outdoor fountain clean as to maintain the proper water level. You must make it a routine to clean off the inner bowl of your outdoor fountain with a gentle piece of cloth. This will make it look gleaming and beautiful, as well as forestall the ramp-up of dirt and debris. Also, it is key to refill and clean your waterfall pump regularly, or else a dry pump will probably force you to buy a new one.
Before starting the cleaning routine of your fountain, make sure to refer its manual in case it calls for a particular cleaning technique. For example, some garden fountains need algae additives and filtered water to crush the calcium and mold build-up.
2. Ensure that the Water Fountain is Safely Placed
If it is not safely installed, the outdoor fountain will tumble over and get flubbed by forceful winds. Ensure that the fountainâ€™s base is appended rigidly to the ground and that the basin, in order, is fixed to the base. During unfavorable weather conditions, this will help hold the fountain in entwine.
3. Outdoor Fountain Pump Maintenance
Before separating the pump, refer to the manualâ€™s guide on appropriate cleaning and disassembling techniques. Once the pump is dispatched and opened, put it in a blend of vinegar for a simple cleaning solution.
4. Preventing the Growth of Algae
In addition to substituting the water every month, you can likewise buy an algae cleaner to lessen the development of algae and keep your fountainâ€™s water new. Also, it is important to keep in mind that algae, much like every other growing organism, undergoes increased development when put in luminous areas. Therefore, if algae growth continues to being an issue for you, you might think of moving your outdoor fountain to a shady space.
5. Appropriate Water Levels for Your Garden Fountain
Keeping appropriate water levels in your fountains is the key to ensuring a healthy pump. You should daily check the water level of your fountains, with little amounts of water supplemented at each interim. Every month, you should run out and refill your outdoor fountain with new water to obviate stagnant water. Moreover, dry summer season may cause the water in your fountains to vanish more rapidly. So, make sure to check the water levels at short intervals.
Pursuing these simple maintenance tips will keep your outdoor fountain in top-notch, appealing condition for a long time to come.
Beauty with an attitude
All content written by Cailin Koy. Some pages may contain affiliate links.