Do you have a long history of family members suffering from hernias? Are you suffering from constipation or cough for a very long time? Are you obese? Then you are at a high risk of developing a hernia! Did you know that men are more prone to developing a hernia than women? Pristyn Care utilizes the latest laparoscopic technique for treating hernia at its world-class clinics. Don’t waste your time anymore and contact a Pristyn Care medical coordinator right now!
What are the Types of hernia?
A hernia doesn’t occur only in the groin area. Depending on which part of the body is affected by a hernia, it can be divided into four types-
- Inguinal hernia: It is a bulge in the groin that can reach the scrotum.
- Hiatal hernia: A hiatal or hiatus hernia occurs when the upper part of the stomach is pushed out of the abdominal cavity and into the chest cavity through an opening in the diaphragm.
- Umbilical hernia: In an umbilical hernia, a bulge occurs in the naval region.
- Incisional hernia: This occurs where a previous surgery leaves behind a scar.
In case if you are wondering where to get the best hernia surgery, then Pristyn Care provides the latest laparoscopic surgeries. Visit their doctors now to know more about laparoscopic hernia surgery.
What are the symptoms of a hernia?
The most visible symptom of a hernia you can see is bulging or lump in the affected area. The other symptoms of a hernia include-
- Severe pain
- Feeling of nausea
- The bulge cannot be pushed back into its original place
Doctors at Pristyn Care come across a very common question of how to prevent the symptoms of a hernia. These include some major dietary or lifestyle changes. Some of the instructions that our doctors suggest are-
- Stop smoking. Smoking causes excessive coughing which puts pressure on your abdomen and can cause an inguinal hernia.
- Incorporate high-fiber foods into the diet. Fiber-rich foods lower the risk of constipation which in turn leads to lesser straining.
- Indulge in the right exercise. Beneficial exercises such as yoga, pilates, sit-ups, running or cycling also reduce the occurrence of a hernia.
- Maintain healthy body weight. Maintaining a healthy body weight reduces the chances of a hernia as there is no extra pressure on your abdomen.
- Avoid excessive straining. While passing a stool, straining and holding your breath creates greater pressure in the abdominal wall.
- Drink at least 1.5-2 liters of fluids. Drinking lots of water and other liquids (not alcohol) everyday day ensures a regular bowel movement.
Laparoscopic Hernia Treatment- a painless solution by Pristyn Care
Doctors at Pristyn Care uses the latest laparoscopic procedure for treating hernia in a patient. Let me tell you the step by step process of how a laparoscopic procedure is performed by the doctor.
- The surgeon makes three or four incisions in the abdomen which are known as ports.
- Through one of the ports, CO2 gas is inserted using a tube that will inflate your abdominal cavity.
- Then a tiny device, known as a laparoscope is inserted through one of the openings, which allows the surgeon to see the affected area on a video screen.
- The surgeon then performs the procedure navigating tiny surgical instruments inserted through the other openings while viewing it on the TV monitor.
- A mesh is placed after that and fastened in place with sutures and/or staples.
- After this, the instruments are taken out and the cuts are stitched with surgical tape.
Benefits of laparoscopic surgery-
The laparoscopic surgery is recommended by doctors over traditional “open” surgery for the following reasons-
- In the laparoscopic method, a mesh is used for reinforcement, so it has a lower recurrence rate.
- The recovery process is much less painful. But if you have weak muscles then you might experience pain. Contact your doctor without wasting any time if you experience any kind of pain or discomfort.
- No visible scarring.
- These are day-care procedures, which means the doctor can ask you to go home on the same day of the surgery after thorough monitoring.
- A quicker return to daily chores. Many people return to work within a week.
- There is no need for daily dressing.
- The frequency of visits to the doctor is also lessened.
There is a high chance of recurrence of hernia at the site of incision if you do not take care of the wound properly. Pristyn Care has several clinics across the country that are fully-equipped with the latest cutting edge technology for repairing not only hernia but also gallstones, and hysterectomy. Their doctors are highly experienced as well as specially trained to provide this laparoscopic treatment. So what are you waiting for? Contact Pristyn Care and book your appointment today!