Once just a garnish on a platter of sushi, shiso is now the hottest ingredient in skincare and anti-aging science. This potent antioxidant is popping up in everything from soap to hair masks as a way to detoxify and protect skin from pollutants and UV rays.
Here are a few products containing shiso:
- The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Brightening Serum ($49) uses shiso to help prevent and repair visible signs of premature aging.
- Thymes Jade Matcha Hand Cream ($16) uses ginseng, matcha and shiso extract to wake up and stimulate your skin. Use it over your whole body, not just on hands!
- THANN Shiso Hair Mask ($45) uses Shiso extract as a natural anti-oxidant and moisturizer.
- Calvin Klein IN2U For Him Cologne ($40) features Shiso leaves as a heart note.
- Illume Grapefruit Oleander soap ($12) includes Shiso leaf along with geranium leaves and pink peppercorn for a wonderfully popping scent and great skincare too.