New York Fashion Week officially kicks off September 10, and between all the carwash pleats I’m noticing a promising trend among the trends: being comfy.
From “athleisure” (even T. Swift wore it to the VMAs) to all the wedge-and-chunky-heel action floating around these days, comfort is back in style. (And may I say along with all the other girls who have tromped from show to show in impossible 5-inch heels – THANK GOD!)
Here are some tips for staying fashionably comfy this NYFW 2015 season:
- Always bring a layering piece. Shows seem to invariably be either freezing or a sauna. Plus, pashminas and scarves can look fashionable and are flexible enough to go with any outfit.
- Take your vitamins. There’s nothing more uncomfortable than being sick. Do at least a daily multi and keep an Airborne or Emergen-C packet in your bag for when things get sniffly.
- Two words: purse flats. SO. NECESSARY. When the afterparty runs long and you find yourself walking blocks and blocks for a cab, you’ll thank me.
- Pull your hair back. Not only is sleek, pulled-back hair always fashionable-looking (avoiding messiness is generally safe), it will keep you comfy in the front row. You won’t be sweating on your hairline or constantly pushing strands out of your face.
- Get a massage. If you’ve never had one, you especially must try it. Massages are quite therapeutic (and comfy), and you’ll need one amid all the running around this week.
- Try a pantyliner. You may usually skip pantyliners altogether, but on those days right before or right after flow when you’re not so sure, they’re an absolute must. Leaks of any kind aren’t only un-comfy, but they can bleed through and make any outfit a fashion “don’t”.
Visit bringcomfyback.com, where you can upload your own #bringcomfyback selfie for a chance to win amazing prizes and get a $1 off coupon to try the liners for yourself!
At the end of the contest, the most creative selfie will be chosen and the winner will receive a trip to L.A. with a girlfriend, an exclusive U by Kotex photo shoot to be their new social star and $2,000 spending cash. And get creative, because U by Kotex is judging entries based on originality, style and LOL factor.