Clermont is a city in Lake County, Florida, United States, located approximately 22 miles west of Orlando. Known as the “Gem of the Hills,” Clermont offers a blend of small-town charm and growth opportunities amid Central Florida’s natural beauty. The following are 10 fun activities to enjoy during your next trip to this lakeside Central Florida town.
1. Explore the trails at Lake Louisa State Park. Give yourself plenty of time to stop and take in the tranquil beauty. People who love the great outdoors will want to talk to new home builders clermont fl once they see the beauty of the area and all that this place has to offer.
2. Paddle Lake Minneola. Rent a kayak, canoe, or paddleboard and take to the waters of this nearly 6,000-acre lake. Paddle along the scenic shoreline or search for one of Lake Minneola’s famous monster-sized largemouth bass.
3. Bike the South Lake Trail. Pedal along this paved recreational path that runs 15 miles through Clermont. Take in views of lakes, marshes, and grasslands as you roll past. Stop for a snack or drink in downtown Clermont.
4. Splash down at Waterfront Park. Cool off at Clermont’s beachfront park on Lake Minneola. Wade and swim in the clear waters or enjoy picnic facilities and playgrounds. The park features a large playground for kids, a fishing pier extending out into the lake, an open-air pavilion perfect for events, and the Clermont Boatright Docks where you can launch a kayak or paddleboard. Whether you want to exercise, play, or simply relax lakeside, Waterfront Park is a can’t-miss Clermont destination.
5. Try water skiing and wakeboarding. With its chain of lakes, Clermont is a top spot for water sports. Sign up for lessons, then get an adrenaline rush skimming across glassy waters.
6. Go zip lining at Flip Flop Commotion. Zip from platform to platform high up in the treetops at this zipline adventure park. Additional activities like obstacle courses and climbing walls provide hours of high-flying fun.
7. Play a round of golf. Clermont lies at the heart of Florida’s golf coast with numerous championship courses. Tee off at challenging courses like Legends Golf and Country Club and Stoneybrook Golf Club.
8. Explore historical downtown Clermont. Stroll in this charming downtown area to discover shops, restaurants, and historical buildings. Don’t miss the 1940s-era Citrus Tower standing proudly over the town. Notable landmarks include the old Clermont State Bank building, the historic courthouse, and the Grandview Hotel, which hosted many prominent figures in its early days. The quaint downtown has an old-fashioned, small-town feel with local shops and eateries housed in historic brick structures. Clermont’s downtown tells the story of a close-knit agricultural community that grew into a thriving city while retaining its charm.
9. Watch an aerial spectacle at Skydive DeLand. Travel just outside town to see skydivers in action as they parachute down from airplanes high above. An observation area offers views of jumpers sailing through the sky.
10. Savor Florida-grown wines. Visit local vineyards like Lakeridge Winery and Island Grove Wine Company to tour the grounds and sample wines made from muscadine grapes, blueberries, and other Florida fruits. Relax with a glass on the tasting room patio.
With its natural lakes and preserves surrounded by historic small-town charm, Clermont has something for every type of traveler. Sunshine-filled days enjoying the area’s natural beauty paired with relaxing evenings savoring good food and live music make Clermont an ideal spot for a laid-back Florida getaway. With endless opportunities for outdoor recreation and immersion in local culture, Clermont offers the perfect blend of adventure and charm.