Thicker and longer hair is something every person wants to achieve, and these days it’s easy to do that. This blog will dive into seeing the difference between tape in hair extensions and clip in remy hair extensions. You will also see the pros and cons of both extensions of achieving longer tresses. So, keep reading to check which one is perfect for you.
Clip in & Tape in Hair Extensions
Clip in remy hair extensions are made of real human hair, with clips that are attached at the weft so that you can comfortably clip them in your hair and take them out in minutes. These extensions are made of 100% real human hairs, but some brands also offer synthetic hairs for a significant cut off price of the full headset.
Clip in remy hair extensions make a perfect addition to hairstyles that need thickness and length, mostly if you’re not stuck with one type of hairstyle for a long time.
However, tape-ins with an adhesive tape at the weft base stick to natural hair when installed. It’s a semi-permanent solution to your short and thin hair issues than clip-ins are. Most hairdressers promote tape-ins. However, they are expensive and require touch-ups as your hair grows. This can be quite demanding and cumbersome.
Installation of both Extensions
The installation of hair extensions will make the difference between a cute new hairstyle and a miserable fail. A lousy installation means that you can see wefts through bumps on your loose hair, head, and even hair chunks coming out.
Weaves and wigs require natural hair to be braided. With tape-ins and clip in remy hair extensions, braiding your hair for installation isn’t necessary.
How to maintain Tape-in and Clip in Remy Hair Extensions?
Hair maintenance would be the difference between falling-out, ratty hair, and beautiful full hair. Maintaining hair with utmost care is the secret to having damage-free hair like natural hair.
To keep extensions in good condition:
- Use silicone-free conditioner and sulfate-free shampoo
- Never curls hair when you wash it. To dry wet hair, squeeze hair nicely and place on a towel to air dry
- Don’t use a rat tail comb to detangle hair extensions ever
- Use a detangling brush to brush out hair extensions
- Deep condition to keep moisturized and healthy hair.
- Be sure to use good anti-heat spray and serum to protect hair.
- Store hair in an enclosed box to make sure nothing damages it
Using oil or silicone-based products at roots wearing tape-ins will cause problems. Those products will break down the adhesive. Whether you select tape-ins or clip-ins, do your research to make sure you make the right decision for your lifestyle.
Pros & Cons
Pros of Clip in Remy Hair Extensions
- Instantly removable
- Easily bleached and dyed with human hair
- Quick installation
- Zero damage to hair
- Comfortable to wear
- Adjustable once applied
Cons of Clip-in
- Irritate sensitive scalp
- They shouldn’t be worn while asleep, depends on the placement
- DIY process consuming for first-timers
- Not suitable for those with thin hairs because wefts will visible or create an issue on the scalp
- Clip-in fall out if not applied correctly
- If not applied correctly can be bulky
Pros of Tape-in
- No tools required for installation
- Takes less time than traditional sew-ins or weaves
- The installation last 2 to 3 weeks
- Simple and easy installation
- Made with real human hairs
- Tape-in extensions last for almost three years with proper care
- High-quality hair
Cons of Tape-ins
- Damage real hair due to powerful adhesive
- After installation, can’t wash hair for at least two days because tape need to set to hair
- The solvent is required to remove
- Not removable once installed
- No DIY
- Can’t use oil or oil-based products on hair
- Not as versatile
- Sweating will cause them to slip out
- Not suitable for anyone with thinning hair
Both Tape-ins and Clip in remy hair extensions are useful for use. You can use any one according to your situation if you’ve fragile hair, so we recommend you to wear tape-in extensions. However, tape in extensions are expensive as compare to clip-ins.
Additionally, both extensions are made of real human hair. If you want to wear extensions to improve your hairstyle, you should go for clip in remy hair extensions. Because you easily remove them whenever you want. We hope that will be enough for you to decide if tape-in or clip-in hair extensions are perfect for you! Hence, everyone has their preference, and it’s about what you need.