A clean and healthy home is the hope of every human being. In the effort of making your home habitable, cleanliness takes a center stage. It is a proven fact that a dirty and unkempt house will lead to various problems, such as diseases, pests, and general unhappiness.
The following points will assist you in making your home the best place to live in.
HOW PESTS CAN AFFECT YOUR HOME:
A dirty and unkempt house is bound to attract pests. Pests harbor dangerous germs that can lead to people being sick in your house. In addition to this, they are also annoying and they can also cause immeasurable damages to your home. Professional pest control companies like Moxie Pest Control can ensure that your house is kept free of pests. Here are other ways that pests can affect your home:
- Contamination of food
- Spread bacteria
- Spread allergens which cause harmful diseases such as asthma, Salmonella, Lyme Disease, and E.Coli among others
- Damage to your wiring and insulation
Clean, fresh, and pure air is one of the signs of a healthy and clean home. Effective ventilation ensures that your home has clean air. Ventilating your home can mean simple measures, such as opening your windows. Here are some of the benefits of having effective ventilation in your home:
- Health: Poor ventilation leads to bad air and also indoor air pollution. This can lead to quite a number of health issues. These include diseases such as asthma, and medical conditions such as rashes, headaches, sinusitis, and allergies, among others.
- Impurities: Impurities, such as bacteria, excess moisture, polluting agents, and bad odor are brought by poor ventilation in your home. Expelling them through effective ventilation will ensure that your home remains healthy.
- Regulating Temperature: To attain a comfortable temperature in your house, you have to make sure that the air is well regulated. A poorly ventilated house might be hot, stuffy, and uncomfortable to live in.
- Regulating Air: Effective ventilation ensures that the air in your home flows. This ensures that the bad air doesn’t stick in your house. As it’s blown out and good air flows in, the air remains regulated in your house.
- Control moisture: Excess moisture in your home will lead to the buildup of harmful bacteria. This might cause mold and dampness. As a result, mold might start growing and some items might rot. This might cause respiratory problems and some allergic reactions to the people who live in your home.
TYPE OF PAINT:
Lead-based paint is harmful to your health. This paint can have undesirable effects in your home and body. Currently, most homes are not painted with lead-based paint. However, research points out that most homes built before 1978 may contain this paint. The side effects of having this type of paint in your home include the following:
- Affect the brain and central nervous systems
- Cause health conditions by affecting blood cells and kidneys
- Harmful effects on young children, such as low IQ, mental and physical development, and behavior problems
If you discover that your house has lead paint, remove it carefully to avoid inhaling the dust, or invite a professional to do it for you.
BENEFITS OF SMOKE ALARMS:
Where there is smoke there is fire. This indicates that smoke alarms are very beneficial in any household because they assist in detecting fire. Faulty smoke alarms are a big risk in any house. Always ensure that the alarm is working. There are various types of smoke alarms in the market. Make sure your house has one because of the following reasons:
- Detecting smoke
- Detecting fire
- Monitoring smoke and fire in your home
- Security of knowing that your home will not be burned easily
HOW WATER DAMAGE CAN AFFECT YOUR HOME:
An effective drainage system is very important in your home. This is because it ensures that so many vices are kept at bay. When your home has water damage, even the ventilation is affected. Other damages that water can cause include the following:
- Warped floors
- Growth of mold
- Damages in the electrical system
- Damages the drainage system
- Damages in the insulation and drywall of the house
- Jams, break down of doors and windows because of the added moisture
- Damage to the foundation of the house