Pimples. Remember them? Those awful new friends who started invading your face right around the time boys became cute? Some of us didn’t get to leave their torture behind with our impossible-to-remember locker combinations, and are still battling the little buggers daily.
I admit I probably get more pimples than I should, being almost 30. I’m reaching the dreaded simultaneous-wrinkles-and-pimples point of my life wherein everything about my face is either too young or too old. Goldilocks, look out!
Products pumped full of medication can be drying and too harsh for my skin, especially out in the desert. Luckily, this serum is non-irritating, non-drying, and actually reduces redness rather than turning me into a strawberry like the rough stuff. And as I found out from Jillian Wright, when you have less redness, there is less trauma to the skin, hence minimizes premature aging.
Here’s what’s inside, by its function:
- Inflammation and redness reducing
- The Chinese medicinal herb Huang Qi acts like an anti-microbial agent
- Phytosphingosine supports the formula and helps enhance the effectiveness of the Huang Qi
- Last but not least, Tea Tree Leaf oil is an antiseptic that helps promote healing.
- Pore purging and appearance minimizing
- Fermented Lactobacillus, a probiotic, triggers an anti-microbial action and assists in minimizing bacteria often associated with acne. The Lactobacillus probiotic also helps sanitizes the pore.
- Skin Brightening
- Hydroxycinnamic Acid is a skin brightener found in plants and contains additional antioxidant, non-irritating properties
- Undecylenoyl Phenylalanine, a plant based lightener, enhances the lightening effect when used synergistically with other lightening ingredients.
I personally love the skin brightening effect of this product. I relish in putting it on every day before my moisturizer, knowing that I’m going to come out the other side with a youthful glow. Plus, my breakouts have decreased in frequency and duration. Score!
Curious? Give it a try. It’s available through their website for $75.