Oh, eyelashes. Done right, they make a beautiful fluttery frame around your eyes. Done wrong, you’re a spider lady.
If you have trouble keeping your eyelashes curled, you’re not alone. Luckily, here’s an easy step-by-step for ultra long lasting curl:
- Heat up your eyelash curler just a bit with a hairdryer; the heat will help the curl set in your lashes. (Seriously, not too hot or you’ll burn your eyelids.) It’ll only take about 10-20 seconds to get it hot enough.
- Curl your lashes by clamping the curler near the base of your lashes and holding for 5 seconds or so. I don’t have to tell you not to clamp your skin in it, right?
- Finish with waterproof mascara; waterproof isn’t water-based, so once it dries, it’ll hold your curl better than non-waterproof mascara.
Some gals swear by a follow-up curl on top of the last mascara coat; however, I like to place my lashes “just so” with my mascara and I find that curling again upsets the perfect placement.
You can use these tips with fake eyelashes too; just don’t curl with them on unless you want burnt plastic stuck forever to your lashes – yikes.
The best eyelash curlers, for my money, are:
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler – classic or S-curl
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler
- Japonesque – this brand is the BEST, but be brave and try their heated eyelash curler, ya wimp.
What are your favorite eyelash curling products, tips and tricks?
6 thoughts on “How To Make Your Lashes Stay Curled”
Great tips! I’ve never thought to try and heat my eyelash curler first!!!!
It’s one of my favorite tricks – eyelashes curl much like hair, so the heat needs to set and you CAN burn yourself. 🙂 Thanks for reading!
Thanks for this. My eyelashes are annoyingly Asian-straight. Ughghghghhhh
Oh THAT’S not offensive at all
Oh I have had a problem curling my eyelashes for years….after I read your post, I tried it and it helped sooooo much! Wow! thanks for the great post and tips!