Oh, eyelashes. Done right, they make a beautiful fluttery frame around your eyes. Done wrong, you’re a spider lady.
If you have trouble keeping your eyelashes curled, you’re not alone. Luckily, here’s an easy step-by-step for ultra long lasting curl:
- Heat up your eyelash curler just a bit with a hairdryer; the heat will help the curl set in your lashes. (Seriously, not too hot or you’ll burn your eyelids.) It’ll only take about 10-20 seconds to get it hot enough.
- Curl your lashes by clamping the curler near the base of your lashes and holding for 5 seconds or so. I don’t have to tell you not to clamp your skin in it, right?
- Finish with waterproof mascara; waterproof isn’t water-based, so once it dries, it’ll hold your curl better than non-waterproof mascara.
You can use these tips with fake eyelashes too; just don’t curl with them on unless you want burnt plastic stuck forever to your lashes – yikes.
The best eyelash curlers, for my money, are:
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler – classic or S-curl
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler
- Japonesque – this brand is the BEST, but be brave and try their heated eyelash curler, ya wimp.
What are your favorite eyelash curling products, tips and tricks?