Known for his celeb following, Napoleon Perdis joined makeup artistry greats Jemma Kidd and Petra Strand in creating affordable designer makeup collections for Target. You’ll love this amorous and exotic makeup look from Napoleon’s Soiree Set in his NP Set line. Here’s how to get it:
My rule on longwear lipcolor has always been to divide the number of hours it claims to last by three to get a closer estimate of how long the product will stick around. The hardest part, though, is finding lip gloss that actually looks good while it stays on. Luckily, I’ve discovered L’Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lip Gloss.
The applicator tip is the key to this product’s genius – it’s bent at an angle, making it easy to apply the gloss evenly in just one swipe per lip, while the pointed tip makes neatly covering the outer corners of lips and the arches under the Cupid’s bow a breeze.
Since we recently posted about using Vaseline as a mascara alternative, I’ve thought of a few more ways (twenty, to be exact) to work Vaseline (petroleum jelly, to be non-brand specific) into your beauty routine. You’ll be surprised at how many different way you can use something so simple – and so inexpensive!
A word about Vaseline before you read on: petroleum jelly’s thick nature makes it a great protectant. Its ingredients are less about infusing moisture deeply into the skin and more about protecting what’s there. For the winter, protecting your skin’s existing moisture is an absolute must. Don’t pass on this versatile product just because of its texture or the fact that it’s petroleum-based. Many wonderful skincare products in this world are derived from other substances that wouldn’t be great on our skin themselves. So don’t judge!
Acclaimed singer and actress Jennifer Lopez could have named her fragrance “Glow” after herself, since she’s always looking so fresh and gorgeous, and at 44 years old to boot. Jealous? Don’t be – just grab Jen’s look with tips from the starlet herself. Here are some of the beauty products she swears by:
- Christian Dior Diorskin AirFlash– “You spray-paint it so it goes on quickly and you’re done,” J.Lo says.
- Jennifer Lopez’s devoted makeup artist Scott Barnes likes Bobbi Brown’s Foundation Stick to sculpt and highlight her features.
- Kerastase Reflection Chroma Protective Polishing Cream– This product is great for dry, thirsty hair.
- Scott says he uses Guerlain’s Terracota Bronzer on JLo, and that it “will give you that tawny, sun-kissed look to make you feel like a golden goddess.” Yes, please!
- L’Occitane Mimosa Bath – Jennifer calls the soap from this collection “yummy.”
- Scott says his Scott Barnes Body Bling will give your bod that perfect J. Lo glow! Use the Original Scott Barnes Body Bling to bronze your legs/arms, and highlight your shoulders/décolletage with Platinum Scott Barnes Body Bling.
- Clarins Sheer Bronze Tinted Self Tanning For Legs – Self-tanner with aloe vera, cocoa and Vitamin E for a natural-looking tan within 2 hours makes J.Lo’s list.
- Bourjois Effet 3D Ultra Glossy Lipstick – Jennifer Lopez wears this high-shine half-gloss, half lipstick in #89 Transparent Magic (that’s “clear” to most of us).
Sources: Glamour, Cosmopolitan, SeenOn
Sassy Dove reached its Facebook goal and now it’s time for a great product review and a giveaway! This week’s loveliness comes from Haughty Cosmetics, a line of luxury, handcrafted makeup based out of Alexandria, VA that gives 50% of the profits from every single product they sell to fight violence against women. Isn’t that cool? Plus, they have a wealth of vegan products, including the glosses we’re giving away today!