It is everyone’s dream to have a good looking, sexy body. But the journey towards achieving that can be quite challenging. There are some lifestyle changes you will need to make if you want to stay shapely and sexy, one of them being choosing carefully the foods that you eat. You do not necessarily need to starve yourself or force yourself to eat more than you should to look great. You just need to adopt a diet plan that involves eating a balanced diet that features nutrients in the right proportions. If you usually snack a lot between meals, you may need to tone down a little bit to be able to achieve the results that you are looking for. It will also be a good idea to embrace eating home cooked meals. Do not just rely on restaurant foods. Even if you have a busy schedule, you can still be able to cook healthy meals at home and enjoy eating them with your family. There are some recipes that you can easily prepare with a slow cooker.
The slow cooker really shines when it comes to preparing healthy foods for dinner. The following are some of the dishes that you can prepare with it.
1. Slow-Cooker Brisket & Onions
Your family will thank you if you fix this dish on a weeknight. The following is how it is prepared.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 1/2 pounds of beef brisket
- 1 1/2 pounds of yellow or red onions (sliced into half-moons)
- Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
How to Prepare:
- First, you will need to heat a cast iron skillet or deep sauté pan over medium heat with olive oil. After making sure that the olive oil has heat up properly, add onions and then cook on the medium-low heat setting for about twenty minutes while stirring frequently. After the 20 minutes, the onions should have caramelized lightly.
- As onions are still cooking, remove the brisket from its packaging and then pat it dry. Generously season the meet with the black pepper and salt and then heat a sauté pan or large skillet over the medium-high heat setting. If you have a fan or vent, turn it on.
- Sear the brisket till it forms a golden brown crust on both sides of the meat. After that, remove and put it in a slow cooker insert while making sure that the fatty side is up.
- Take the minced garlic and sprinkle it over the meat. Check the onions and see if they are lightly browned. If they are, pile them on top as well as around the meat and then mix the broth, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker insert.
- Next, you will need to cover and cook the mixture in the slow cooker on the low setting for about six to eight hours or till the brisket becomes tender. Allow it to rest for about 20 minutes before you serve.
2. Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew
This is a nice, spicy vegan stew that you will definitely enjoy. It features bold and delicious flavors that you will like even if you are not a vegan.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 medium red or yellow potatoes (diced)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1-inch piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can of diced tomatoes (with their juices)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of baby spinach
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to Prepare:
- First of all, you will need to put the oil in a skillet and then heat it over medium heat. After that, sauté the onion with a teaspoon of salt for about five minutes till it becomes translucent. Once you have done that, add an extra teaspoon of salt and the potatoes and then sauté until they become translucent around the edges.
- Add the brown sugar, curry, garlic, ginger and cayenne to the skillet and stir and then cook for thirty seconds until fragrant. Pour a quarter cup of the broth and then scrape any toasty bits that will have remained on the bottom of the pan.
- Next, you will need to transfer the potato-tomato mixture into the bowl of a slow cooker that is 6 quart or larger. If you have a smaller slow cooker, you will need to halve this recipe.
- Add the rest of the broth, bell paper, chickpeas, pepper, cauliflower, tomatoes with their juices, as well as the final teaspoon of salt to the slow cooker and then stir to combine them. Make sure that the liquid comes about halfway up the sides of the bow and then add more broth.
- Cover the slow cooker and then cook for four hours on the high speed setting. After that, add in the coconut milk and spinach and stir, and then cover the slow cooker with a lid for a few more minutes in order to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Taste the dish and correct the salt, pepper and other seasonings as required. You can serve it on its own or over orzo pasta, Israeli couscous or just couscous.
Apart from these two recipes, there are many others that you can prepare for dinner and know that the results that they are providing to your body are great. Vitamix recipes can be a great place to start.
If you make it a habit to eat healthy foods all the time, you will not only feel good, but fabulous too. Apart from eating healthy, you also need to exercise, frequently, sleep well, drink plenty of water and avoid stress to be able to have a sexy body. Seek advice for weight loss nutrition management from a professional if you need help.