Since the site is called Sassy Dove, you can guess how we feel about moxie. Moxie is closely related to sass, so I was excited to see a brand called Moxxie Soap – especially one that emphasizes all-natural products. Continue reading “All Lathered Up About Moxxie Soap” »
Ever wondered what fragrance a Bond Girl would wear? Apparently, it’s Kenzo Amour Le Parfum. Bond bombshell Olga Kurylenko is the face of the new fragrance, a woody oriental scent.
Here’s the fragrance by note breakdown:
Top notes: rice, frangipani
Heart notes: amber, patchouli
Base notes: vanilla, benzoin
The bottle is a gorgeous magenta inspired by the geisha girls of southeast Asia, and the scent is much more spicy and less innocent than Kenzo’s other fragrances like FlowerbyKENZO and Kenzo Ryoko. Check out the commercial below!
Ah, Paris. Since I can’t go back yet, I’ll have to celebrate fashion designer Sonya Rykiel’s 40th anniversary with a piece of her collection that won’t break the bank… her beautifully exotic fragrance, Belle en Rykiel.
- Top notes: mandarin, red currant, lavender flowers
- Heart notes: heliotrope, coffee blossom, frankincense
- Base notes: patchouli, amber, vanilla, mahogany wood
This oriental fragrance was created to seduce the senses with a frankincense-lavender accord, mouth-watering red currant, and a sweetness of vanilla. Feel tres Parisienne with this fairy tale fragrance from the famed French designer, even if you can’t afford her iconic knit sweaters.
If you relish the idea of mixing glam rock style with Japanese quirkiness, you’ll love Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku Lovers fragrance line. There are five fragrances to select from, each bottled inside an adorable teeny replica of one of Gwen’s backup dancers.
The Harajuku Lovers:
- Love: a floral scent with notes of bergamot, pomelo, peach, rose, jasmine and orchid
- Lil’ Angel: a fruity floral with raspberry, blackberry, pineapple, rose and amber
- Music: a nostalgic number with clementine, pear, jasmine, sweet pea, honeysuckle, vanilla and musk
- Baby: a powder musk with freesia, bergamot, rose, jasmine, heliotrope, vanilla and violet
- G (yes, the letter G): a gourmand fragrance with mandarin, coconut, apple, freesia and sandalwood
A sexy, lush fragrance, Ralph Hot’s scent makes me crave a mocha frappuccino every time I wear it. I originally got this scent years ago through BzzAgent (which, if you haven’t tried it, is a super cool way to try to new products and share about them – and no, they’re not paying me to say that). I liked it so much that I’ve kept purchasing it through the years. Priced at only $40 in the 3.4oz size, it’s a bargain perfect for date night.
- Fragrance family: Oriental Gourmand
- Top notes: Mandarin, almond blossom, cinnamon
- Heart notes: Mocha cream, orchid, honeysuckle, jasmine, fresh milk, fig
- Base notes: Maple, vanilla, amber, musk, sandalwood