Who doesn’t love being stylish for a cause? More importantly, what girl doesn’t love PINK?
Paul Mitchell has brilliantly combined these interests in their fabulous #PINKOUTLOUD campaign, a partnership with Bright Pink which focuses on prevention and early-detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women.
In support, they’ve released a bunch of fab new styling goodies including my favorite, the official Express Ion Dry+ hairdryer. Not only is it the best hairdryer I’ve ever used (hello, LCD display and FIVE temp/speed settings + diffuser and cool shot), but it’s sups-adorbs and for a good cause to boot!
How can you help support this stylish and generous effort? Here are a few easy ways (2 out of 3 won’t cost you a dime either):
- Capture your best pink lipstick selfie, leave a mark on a lover or snap a pic of a friend blowing the world a kiss, and share the images on your social channel with #PINKOUTLOUD to help create social buzz and inspire the women we love to be proactive and seal their long-lasting wellness with a kiss;
- Donate at Brightpink.org’s page; or
- Text PINKOUTLOUD to 59227 to sign up for Bright Pink’s monthly Breast Health Reminder™ text with tips to be Breast Self-Aware, and encourage the women in your life to do the same!
To learn more about Paul Mitchell’s PINK OUT LOUD! campaign, please visit www.paulmitchell.com/pink. They have fab versions of their straightener and Super Skinny Serum supporting the campaign too!
As you may have recently read, I’m trying to grow my hair long. What better time to try out some goodies from a brand focused on hair growth like Dr. Miracles?
I experimented with the brand’s Intensive Spot Serum, intended to help with split ends, slow growth and breakage. The serum comes in a glass bottle with an eyedropper applicator, just like the ones for your skin. The texture is also similar to skincare serums, but the scent is a milder version of Dr. Miracle’s signature minty smell.
The “Feel It Formula” tingle the company is famous for is present, but not as intense as with some of their other products – which I’m actually happy about. The combination of the peppermint oil’s cooling effect and the slight itch tend to remind me of putting cold aloe vera on a sunburn.
Continue reading Dr. Miracle’s Intensive Spot Serum Review
Happy Tax Day! I hope you filed already! 🙂
Working in a salon, you eventually find your favorite products to use on yourself and others. One of mine would have to be Paul Mitchell’s Super Skinny Serum, a product from their smoothing line.
I used this product on nearly every client at the salon because it reduces drying time. Just rub one pump into damp hair, then blow dry. Super Skinny Serum helps keep down frizz and dry hair more quickly while adding shine. It can be used on just about anybody, and all it takes is one pump! A little goes a long way.
The only negative: if your hair’s too thin or fine, this product could weigh it down and make it look oily. Try to test it out before you buy if you’re worried, and use only a little at a time, building it in to make sure you don’t oversaturate your hair.
The verdict: 9 out of 10! Great for anyone in need of frizz control and added shine.
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Smoothing Serum sells at Amazon.com for $19.88.
Lots of folks around have resigned themselves to having hair that falls short of the desires. That’s generally because of neglect rather than knowing the way to repair the issue once there is one. If it sounds just like you, continue reading!
Should you have dry hair, contemplating cutting down the number of times you clean your hair every week. Whenever you shampoo your hair you strip it of its natural oils, which help hold your hair glossy and delicate. Search for products which will enable you to maintain your hair clean without washing it.
You need to attempt to put on a cap when swimming in pools whenever possible, to be able to preserve your hair in the chlorine that’s added. Should you not put on a cap when swimming, you need to ensure that you clean your hair and then, condition it, following you are finished.
Continue reading Love And Care For Healthy Hair: Ideas And Inspiration
“French twist” is a catch-all term for an easy and adaptable type of updo. The basic French twist can be modified into any number of updo hairstyles – but it’s beautiful all on its own! This is a great choice for a prom or wedding hairstyle, and if you’re brave and can do anything with pin curls or braiding, you can modify it to no end. Here’s how to create the basic French twist all by your wittle self at home. C’mon baby, let’s do the Twist!
1. Use a thin, oily serum or hair gel like Garnier Sleek & Shine and grease your hair up top to bottom. Classically, this look is very finished, so we recommend greasing the front up as well. Start with a side part that has more hair on the left side of your head when looking in the mirror. (It doesn’t have to be extreme, just enough to give us some excess hair on that side.) Slick your hair back into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck and slightly off to the right – but don’t use your hairtie yet; just hold it there. Thaaaaat’s right. Keep holding it. Yeah. You’ll do what I say just ’cause I say so.
2. Okay, I’m off my power trip. Bend the ponytail up against the back of your head and fold the ends of your hair down underneath the ponytail. (Note: If you have unusually long hair, first: I hate you, and second: you may have to fold your hair down a couple more times to get the top of the twist even with your head. Oh wahhh, I have to fold my long luxurious hair down more than a regular person. Poor you.) The top of the ponytail where the ends are folded under should fall right below your crown. Smooth the hair on the right side (this should be the side with less hair, if you parted as directed) against the back of your head.
Continue reading Hairstyle How To: Style a French Twist