Do you still remember when you were still a child, playing with all those toys? Can you even remember what your favorite toy is? These days, children do not also play with their toys; they prefer using gadgets to entertain themselves. Well, there might be advantages in using gadgets to entertain oneself; there are also disadvantages. In this article, we will be talking about The benefits of playing with reborn dolls to children. Yes, you heard it right, reborn dolls, not just any ordinary dolls.
Before anything else, let me introduce you to reborn dolls. Reborn dolls or commonly known as Silicone baby dolls, this kind of dolls emerged in the early 1990s. Many doll enthusiasts thirsted for a more realistic doll, thus pushing the dolls they make into a realistic approach, and walking down the path of reborning. Reborning is the process of making lifelike and realistic dolls using the material named silicone and vinyl, by using these two materials, one can then express the tenderness, likeliness, and naturalism of the skin of a baby. After being successful in making a reborn doll, it soon became a trend. Reborn dolls or silicone baby dolls were firstly seen and also became popular in the United States. Then the trend soon flew to the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and Canada.
In today’s technology producing dolls that look very much alike to a baby is not impossible to the point that you may not even recognize it. Reborn dolls or silicone dolls have their benefits to both the parents and the children. The primary use of silicone baby dolls for parents is to replace the longingness, and sadness they feel from losing their child. For now, let us know the primary use of silicone baby dolls or reborn dolls to the children.
What is the primary use of silicone baby dolls or reborn dolls?
Children use dolls as a form of entertainment. As we all know, children are sometimes left in the house with their nannies because their parents go to work early, one way to relieve their boredom is to play with dolls. They can hone their confidence, creativity, and ability to speak while playing with dolls. They can hone their confidence in the way that in the future, they can talk to a person without getting shy and stuttering. They can hone their creativity in the way that they can imagine different scenarios while playing with their dolls. And lastly, they can hone their ability to speak by using the dolls as their audience, so in the future, their way of speaking will be advanced. While learning, they can also have fun! Convenient right?
Now that we have discussed the uses of silicone baby dolls or reborn dolls, we can now move on to the advantages of owning a silicone baby doll or reborn doll to children.
The benefits of owning a silicone baby doll:
- Social skills– Whilst playing with their dolls, they can learn how to communicate with another person while being polite, they can also learn how to take care of people just by taking care of their dolls! Playing with dolls can help speed up their speech development and stage fright. By simply communicating with the dolls, they can slowly find their rhythm and get along with others.
- Responsibility– Whilst playing with dolls, they can develop and learn their own responsibility, just by learning how to take care of a doll can lead to a fruitful start. They can learn how to take care of the people surrounding them and learn the right and wrong.
- Empathy and Compassion– Whilst playing with their dolls, they can learn how to feel empathy towards others, just by simply imagining that a doll is sick and you are taking care of it. Playing with dolls can teach their brain on how to process their emotions. In the future, they can grow into a loving child!
- Imagination– Whilst playing with their dolls, they can hone their imagination skills by simply imagining different scenarios in their min with their dolls, they can then learn how to be creative.
- Essential Life Skills– Whilst playing and taking care of the dolls, they can learn how to take a bath, feed themselves, and proper hygiene. By simply feeding the dolls, they can learn how to feed themselves while learning the proper etiquette. By simply bathing the doll, they can learn how to take a bath by themselves. By simply cleaning up the area where they played with the doll and cleaning the doll, one can learn how to take good care of oneself hence learning proper hygiene.
- Preparing for a sibling– Whilst taking good care of your dolls, you can now apply all the skills you know to your upcoming sibling to take care of them!