Creating a feature wall in your living room is an affordable way to give your home a wow factor and make it stand out from the crowd. Sticky wallpapers are a quick, affordable, and impactful way to achieve this. Unusual wallpaper has become popular in recent years, with more adventurous designs available than ever before. There are lots of different types of wallpapers that you can use to create a feature wall in your living room, but sticky wallpaper is one of the easiest and cheapest options. It’s also one of the most effective ways to update your home instantly. You don’t need specialist skills or an interior designer to pull it off – follow these simple steps, and you can have a fantastic living room feature wall in as little as half an hour.
What is sticky wall wallpaper?
Sticky wallpapers are printed with a strong, removable adhesive on their back. They are designed to stick directly to your wall without required prep work or painting. Once applied, they can be removed and repositioned as many times as necessary, so there’s no chance of them damaging your wall. There are many different styles of sticky wallpapers available, but they can generally be divided into two basic categories – vinyl and fabric. Vinyl sticky wallpapers are a smart option for living room feature walls, and they can come in even more adventurous designs than sticky fabric wallpapers. A fabric sticky wallpaper has a more natural look, with many designs inspired by nature.
How to create a living room feature wall with sticky wallpaper
The first step when creating a living room feature wall with sticky wallpaper is to ensure your wall is clean, dry, and free from dust. You can use warm, soapy water to wash the wall, followed by a wipe-down with a damp cloth. Then, you’ll need to lay out your sticky paper and cut it to size. Most sticky wallpapers come in standard-sized rolls, with widths ranging from 1-2ft and lengths up to 10ft. If you have tall or wide walls, you might need to buy more than one roll. Next, peel off the paper backing and slowly position the sticky wallpaper on your wall. Once you’re happy with its position, press down on the paper to bond it to your wall. You can use your hand or a soft squeegee to smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles that appear. You can then fill any gaps between the sticky wallpaper and the wall with either cyanoacrylate glue or ready-to-use gap filler. And you’re done!
4 tips for creating a stunning living room feature wall with sticky wallpaper
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to create a stunning living room feature wall, sticky wallpaper is a great option. But before you get started, keep these tips in mind:
- Choose a design that complements your living room’s theme: Your living room is the heart of your home, so choosing a design that ties in with the rest of the room is crucial. Whether you have a modern, vintage, or minimalist theme, there’s sure to be a design that will look great on your wall.
- Choose a design with bold, eye-catching colors: The primary purpose of a living room feature wall is to create a wow factor. Select a design that has bold, eye-catching colors to make the most of your wall’s space.
- Ensure the design fits your wall space: The size and shape of the wall you want to cover will determine your chosen design. Make sure your selected design isn’t too large or too small for the space.
- Keep within your budget: Sticky wallpapers come in a range of prices, so you should be able to find one that fits your budget.
2 ways to make your living room feature wall even more impactful
- Add a frame: A frame will help draw attention to your new wall design and add a stylish finishing touch. You can use a readymade frame or make your frame out of wood.
- Add a focal point near your feature wall: Your feature wall should be placed at eye level, so place a tall plant or shelves in front of it to make it stand out even more.
Creating a living room feature wall with sticky wallpaper is a quick, affordable, and impactful way to give your home a wow factor. Feature wallpaper living room come in various designs, so there’s sure to be something that fits your theme. You can make your wall more impactful by adding a frame and placing a focal point near it.