People spend a lot of time picking out their Delta-8 vape cart. They want to find the one that’s right for them and feels great in their hands. So it can be devastating when their vape cart suddenly becomes clogged.
Getting frustrated won’t fix the problem, so what can you do to get your cart unclogged? Here are five easy steps you can take to get your Delta-8 vape cart working again.
Why Does The Delta-8 Vape Cart Get Clogged?
It’s quite a common problem, more common than you think. Delta-8 THC is actually quite dense and very sticky, which can lead it to clog up the cart. The cart warms up, which melts the liquid and causes it to thin out so that you can vape it.
The reason the cart becomes clogged can be one of two things: extreme temperatures and through normal use. If the cart is kept in a place that causes to experience extreme heat and cold, the dense liquid will thin out and thicken again when it becomes colder, leading to clogs. The normal use of your cart can lead to clogs too, especially if you store it in a horizontal position where the liquid can flow through the mechanisms more easily.
Unclogging Your Cart
Now that you know why, how can you unclog your cart? You’ve already spent a lot of money on it, and it would be ridiculous to spend money on a new one. Here are five easy steps you can take to quickly unclogging your vape cart.
1. Take a few puffs from your cart first without pressing the fire button. Do this a few times until you feel a “pop” in the cart. This means that you’ve cleared the clog.
2. If this step doesn’t work, then you should look at your cart. If it has a pre-heat function, then you want to turn this on to help the cart warm up. The heat will cause the THC liquid to become viscous again and move around the cart more easily.
3. In the event that your cart doesn’t have a pre-heat function, then you should press the fire button but don’t take any puffs from it. Repeat this process every one to three seconds to warm up the liquid inside.
4. If you’ve tried this for a while and your cart is still clogged, you may want to get your hands on a hairdryer and turn it on, pointed at your cart, to warm up the liquid from the outside. Exercising some patience will hopefully unclog your cart.
5. If you’ve tried all of these steps and you still have a clog in your cart, then your last resort should be hitting the fire button and taking a few puffs. Caution is recommended with this step, as you could end up with hot liquid in your mouth.
What Can Be Done To Prevent Clogs?
In order to prevent clogs from happening in the future, you should use a Q-tip or paper towel to wipe the inside of the mouthpiece to remove any lingering liquid so that it doesn’t re-solidify. You should also store your cartridges properly to prevent mishaps in the future.
Taking care of your Delta 8 THC cartridge, even when it’s not in use, will extend its life and provide you with more vaping time.