I don’t know a girl who’d say she has too many perfumes. I’m a sucker for the oriental, floral, woodsy variety – the ones people call “exotic”, “intoxicating”, or “heady”. Even gourmand fragrances can get me going; so long as it’s not too fruity, I’m in.
I got to try the Scentbird fragrance service which has a personalized scent recommender, and it spit out Tom Ford Violet Blonde for me. I wasn’t familiar with the scent, but I figured I’d give it a go. (Besides, where else can you get the highest-end fragrances for $14.95 a month?) Continue reading Tom Ford Violet Blonde Fragrance Review
I fell in love with the hugely popular original FlowerByKENZO – and now I’m falling all over again for Kenzo’s limited edition holiday version, Winter Flowers. It’s the perfect fragrance to warm up with this season.
Continue reading Fragrance Friday: Kenzo Winter Flowers Review
Ever wondered what fragrance a Bond Girl would wear? Apparently, it’s Kenzo Amour Le Parfum. Bond bombshell Olga Kurylenko is the face of the new fragrance, a woody oriental scent.
Here’s the fragrance by note breakdown:
Top notes: rice, frangipani
Heart notes: amber, patchouli
Base notes: vanilla, benzoin
The bottle is a gorgeous magenta inspired by the geisha girls of southeast Asia, and the scent is much more spicy and less innocent than Kenzo’s other fragrances like FlowerbyKENZO and Kenzo Ryoko. Check out the commercial below!
Continue reading Fragrance Friday: Kenzo Amour Le Parfum Review
Ah, Paris. Since I can’t go back yet, I’ll have to celebrate fashion designer Sonya Rykiel’s 40th anniversary with a piece of her collection that won’t break the bank… her beautifully exotic fragrance, Belle en Rykiel.
- Top notes: mandarin, red currant, lavender flowers
- Heart notes: heliotrope, coffee blossom, frankincense
- Base notes: patchouli, amber, vanilla, mahogany wood
This oriental fragrance was created to seduce the senses with a frankincense-lavender accord, mouth-watering red currant, and a sweetness of vanilla. Feel tres Parisienne with this fairy tale fragrance from the famed French designer, even if you can’t afford her iconic knit sweaters.
Belle en Rykiel sells for $85 in the 100ml size at Bloomingdale’s and Amazon.com.
If you relish the idea of mixing glam rock style with Japanese quirkiness, you’ll love Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku Lovers fragrance line. There are five fragrances to select from, each bottled inside an adorable teeny replica of one of Gwen’s backup dancers.
The Harajuku Lovers:
- Love: a floral scent with notes of bergamot, pomelo, peach, rose, jasmine and orchid
- Lil’ Angel: a fruity floral with raspberry, blackberry, pineapple, rose and amber
- Music: a nostalgic number with clementine, pear, jasmine, sweet pea, honeysuckle, vanilla and musk
- Baby: a powder musk with freesia, bergamot, rose, jasmine, heliotrope, vanilla and violet
- G (yes, the letter G): a gourmand fragrance with mandarin, coconut, apple, freesia and sandalwood
Continue reading Fragrance Friday: Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani