We all love to style our hair. We love to have our hair looking like we walked out of a salon, all in the comfort of our homes. But what makes their hair styling different or better than ours? It’s the heat protectant sprays and the hair dryers they use. GHD hair dryer & GHD heat protect spray are one such combination which will always yield the best result. You can have salon-like hair in a matter of minutes!
So, why is a heat protectant spray needed for your hair if you are using a hair dryer? A heat protectant is that extra layer which allows your hair to retain moisture. It also adds moisture to your hair, so as to allow your hair to breathe but not dry put when being styled. Heat protectants are a great way to manage frizz as well. When you apply a heat protectant you help your hair grow as well. Your hair has a glossy shine and it just makes detangling that much easier for you.
A hair dryer is to be used properly and there are certain angles to it. You will find a guide below for your hair type to be blow dried using the GHD air hairdryer & GHD heat protect spray.
For straight hair
- Always use the hairdryer at a low setting when drying your hair initially. Make sure you apply heat protectants always.
- When you want to style your straight hair, part it into sections.
- Make sure your hair dryer is pointed downwards, that is, you do not use the dryer from the bottom faced upwards. That will tangle your hair and make your ends rougher
- Have multiple settings on your hair dryer. Having no choice but to use only one heat setting, can cause your hair damage because it has a high and a low setting.
- A nozzle is absolutely important. It may seem like a small detail, but it isn’t. This gives your hair the sleek look it needs and also helps in keeping your hair away from direct heat.
- A round brush is an absolute yes in your routine of blow-drying hair. It helps give a variety of styles to your hair.
- Hair clips just make life easier for everyone. It holds your hair sections in place and also saves your hair from being over-dried due to blow drying the same section one too many times.
- Your hair products need to be picked as per your hair type and what are you aiming for when you are blow drying your hair.
- Mousse is great for your hair to add thickness and a make your hair look fuller. You should add mousse in your hair when your is damp. You can blow dry it post applying hair mousse. Mousse is great if you have oily hair too. You can apply some with your fingertips. Make sure your mousse is for oily hair
- Hair cream is great for dry or damaged hair. You can always apply it before you give a blow dry to your hair. Whoever suffers with oily hair, do not use a hair cream. Always apply hair cream before and after you are done styling. It helps keep the flyaways and also adds a shine to your hair.
- Yet another addition is a hair spray. Hair spray is great to keep your hair style in place. It helps to keep your hair shimmery and also keep you’re your hair free from damage.
- Hair drying curly hair is absolutely different from drying straight hair. Curly hair is dryer and more difficult to manage.
- Use 1400 watts or lower for your hair. Any high watts will only cause your hair to become brittle and dry.
- A diffuser is a great installment for your curls. It should be concave in the middle so as to allow your curls to be able to rest in that space and be more well-defined and frizz-free.
The next time you think of managing your hair through blow drying or having it intricately styled, you have our guide for helping you out always.