If you relish the idea of mixing glam rock style with Japanese quirkiness, you’ll love Gwen Stefani’sHarajuku Lovers fragrance line. There are five fragrances to select from, each bottled inside an adorable teeny replica of one of Gwen’s backup dancers.
The Harajuku Lovers:
- Love: a floral scent with notes of bergamot, pomelo, peach, rose, jasmine and orchid
- Lil’ Angel: a fruity floral with raspberry, blackberry, pineapple, rose and amber
- Music: a nostalgic number with clementine, pear, jasmine, sweet pea, honeysuckle, vanilla and musk
- Baby: a powder musk with freesia, bergamot, rose, jasmine, heliotrope, vanilla and violet
- G (yes, the letter G): a gourmand fragrance with mandarin, coconut, apple, freesia and sandalwood
Continue reading Fragrance Friday: Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani
When it comes to celebrity makeup, Gwen Stefani’s look is iconic. (In fact, that over there is Gwen for OPI. Isn’t she cool?) Here are Gwen’s favorite makeup and beauty products for maintaining her glam rock look while being a new mom:
Ricky’s Smooth and Bungee Elastics: “I like to play with my hair. When you’re pregnant, you’re tempted to change your style radically. I’ve had to resist!” For maximum hold, Gwen uses Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Hairspray.
MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red: Gwen says her hubby Gavin Rossdale loves her in red lipstick. “I still just want to impress him,” she admits.
Continue reading Gwen Stefani’s Favorite Beauty Products
I use eyeliner nearly every day I put on makeup, and it’s also one of the products I get the most questions about because it’s hard to apply perfectly. Pencil liner smudges and moves, while liquid requires an experienced hand and can look overdone. So when I saw L’Oreal’s Mistake-Proof Marker eyeliner, I had to try it. Who could resist an allegedly easy solution to our multitude of lining problems? After all, the package claims the flow is “controlled and continuous so you can easily follow the contour of the eye without skipping – no need to dip in the bottle”, and that it won’t smudge.
Continue reading Eye Makeup Review: L’Oreal Voluminous Eyeliner Mistake-Proof Marker