If you relish the idea of mixing glam rock style with Japanese quirkiness, you’ll love Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku Lovers fragrance line. There are five fragrances to select from, each bottled inside an adorable teeny replica of one of Gwen’s backup dancers.
The Harajuku Lovers:
- Love: a floral scent with notes of bergamot, pomelo, peach, rose, jasmine and orchid
- Lil’ Angel: a fruity floral with raspberry, blackberry, pineapple, rose and amber
- Music: a nostalgic number with clementine, pear, jasmine, sweet pea, honeysuckle, vanilla and musk
- Baby: a powder musk with freesia, bergamot, rose, jasmine, heliotrope, vanilla and violet
- G (yes, the letter G): a gourmand fragrance with mandarin, coconut, apple, freesia and sandalwood
Continue reading Fragrance Friday: Harajuku Lovers by Gwen Stefani
A sexy, lush fragrance, Ralph Hot’s scent makes me crave a mocha frappuccino every time I wear it. I originally got this scent years ago through BzzAgent (which, if you haven’t tried it, is a super cool way to try to new products and share about them – and no, they’re not paying me to say that). I liked it so much that I’ve kept purchasing it through the years. Priced at only $40 in the 3.4oz size, it’s a bargain perfect for date night.
- Fragrance family: Oriental Gourmand
- Top notes: Mandarin, almond blossom, cinnamon
- Heart notes: Mocha cream, orchid, honeysuckle, jasmine, fresh milk, fig
- Base notes: Maple, vanilla, amber, musk, sandalwood
A perennial scent of choice for me, Dior’s J’Adore is a floral, fresh fragrance that exudes pure sophistication. This was one of my first fragrances, and remains a favorite of mine to this day. Being able to say you’re wearing Dior when other women ask is a bonus – and they ask a lot!
- Top notes: tangy mandarin, ivy leaves, champaca flower
- Heart notes: orchid, rose, violet
- Base notes: damascus plum, amaranth wood, blackberry musk
J’Adore Dior sells at Amazon – make like Charlize Theron and let your scent speak the language of love! (Get it? French? The language of love? Because the fragrance’s name is in French? Okay, I’m done now.)
Ah, Burberry Brit. A classic perfume for me and perfect for Valentine’s Day, this scent falls into my favorite fragrance category: oriental. The scent is crisp, sweet, charming and sexy in a “I’m busy” kinda way. It makes me think of taking a brisk stroll through the streets of London, and isn’t that how anything from Burberry should make you feel?
I actually got flagged down by a guy at the tire place last weekend who said, “I was just downwind of you and caught a whiff of that perfume. What IS that? It’s amazing! I have to buy some for my wife!” (In a totally non-creepy way.) He then got a piece of paper and then wrote down the scent name (which was a humorous exchange – “Blueberry Bit? Burbur Mint? What?”)
- Top notes: Italian lime, icy pear, crisp green almond
- Heart notes: sugared almond, lush white peony
- Down notes: warm amber, mahogany, vanilla and tonka beans
Burberry Brit is available in eau de parfum for $74 or eau de toilette for $64.
Estee Lauder Sensuous launched with the slogan, “Every woman wears it her way.” The ad campaign supported that notion with 4 different spokeswomen representing different age groups who could wear the fragrance: Elizabeth Hurley, Hilary Rhoda, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Carolyn Murphy. Not a bad way to debut!
- Top notes: Ghost lily accord, magnolia, jasmine petals
- Middle notes: Molten woods, amber
- Bottom notes: Sandalwood, black pepper, mandarin pulp, honey
Continue reading Fragrance Fridays: Estee Lauder Sensuous