If you’re a Gossip Girl fan, you probably love to hate Blair Waldorf. Her personality may be lacking at times, but beauty is one area in which Blair can claim flawlessness. Leighton Meester’s look as the Park Avenue princess is both classic and tragic – not to mention gorgeous! Here’s a guide on copying Blair’s fabulous daytime makeup look:
1. Blair’s strong brows reflect her confidence and severity. Pluck yours into a straight shape with a definite arch, and fill in with Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette. Don’t over-tweeze!
2. Pick eyeshadows in light pink and violet; Laura Mercier Eye Colour Duo in Burgundy is a perfect pair. Apply the lighter shade all over lids and as a highlighter directly beneath the brow.
3. Blend the violet shadow into the crease and in a crescent shape on the browbone, bowing up toward the outer edge of your eye. Edge it along the outside of your eyelid and blend about 1/4″ inward.
3. Apply mascara and line eyes above and below with a dark brown pencil eyeliner. Our pick: Estee Lauder Artist’s Eye in Softsmudge Brown. End the lower liner just before the lash line curves back upward.
4. Using a dark brown eyeshadow (we like the one in Jane Iredale PurePressed Triple Eye Shadow’s Pecan Chocolate palette), feather along the outer edge of the eyelid, blending neatly with the violet shade to create a seamless edge. Blend a fourth of the way along the lower lash line, tapering upward.
5. Apply a bright pink powder blush like Graftobian Pressed Powder Blush Compact Classic Pink to the apples of cheeks and along the tops of cheekbones. The look is “It’s cold outside,” so don’t overdo it.
Dab just a touch of deep maroon blush at the very base of the cheekbones near your ear for top-model harshness. A cream formula will work here – try a cool stick like NARS The Multiple Tint in Beverly Hills.
6. Blair prefers a feminine pink gloss for daytime lips, and Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Pink Liberty would be couture enough even for Queen B’s high standards. You’re done – go forth and sacrifice underclassmen to the gods of popularity!
A couple of guidelines for Blair’s look in general:
- Stick to pink: it works with her pale complexion.
- Avoid shimmer: Blair’s look is classic, conservative and makes use of shadow, something glimmery cosmetics don’t allow.
- Keep nails dark: Crimson and plum polishes are among Blair’s favorites. Essie Big Spender or Red Hot Rio from OPI’s Brazil collection will do the trick.
- Wear a headband: They’re the ultra-feminine accessory that screams “spoiled”. These Vidal Sassoon ones won’t squeeze your head all day.
Alternatively, you can buy a nearly exact duplicate of her Season 2 finale gold rope headband (seen below) for $9ish on eBay. That’s a pretty big discount from the original Jennifer Behr version ($225).
Update: Dior has changed the shade name of the Pink Liberty shade to Twin Set Pink. (Briefly Jersey Pink before.) They’re all the same shade, though!