It’s time to go off to school, and living in a dorm means a tight space. It also means one of the few times in your life where you get to style a space that’s truly your own. Make it fun, make it feminine, and revel in the time before you have to compromise your style with what someone else wants.
With that in mind, here are my top 10 dorm room style must-haves with a beauty bent, of course (after all, this IS Sassy Dove):
- Indulge in a big, feminine wall mirror – they’re a space saver, and they automatically fancy up your space.
- Mason jars have a billion uses (glasses, makeup brush jars, vases, candle holders – the list goes on), which makes them perfect for dorm life – and the blue ones are the chicest.
- You really need a cute decor-friendly iPhone charger to keep you going. (Plug it in next to your hairdryer and recharge while you primp, like I do.)
- Kleenex Expressions has beautiful new chevron designs that work in every decor – and tissues have endless beauty uses. Get them at your local Walmart Supercenter.
- Meet your new favorite chair – a patterned, padded, fun beauty that you can use studying, watching TV or as a vanity chair while you work your makeup magic.
- When your roomie is hogging the bathroom, you need your own makeup case! Why shouldn’t it be as squee-worthy as this little French bulldog cuteness?
- Some super-cute throw pillows work for sleeping, relaxing, and decorating. Are you picking up on the chic versatility theme?
- Floral makeup brushes ensure that your roommate never has an excuse to say she accidentally used your brush. So not hygienic.
- A dry erase board with a pretty finish will keep you organized in chic style and is a great space saver.
- Jewelry gets messy and lost in a small dorm room! Save it with a stylish jewelry tree.
Of course, form and function are important in small spaces, which is one reason Kleenex plays such a great role in home decor with their new Chevron Expression Oval Designs. You can get them at Walmart, along with all of the other goodies mentioned above. Look how much fun we had just shopping for them!
How to style a room with Kleenex, you might ask? It’s simpler than you think when the boxes are this chic already. Just look at my desk area jazzed up with a simple box of Kleenex Expressions – it fit effortlessly in:
What are your dorm room beauty and style must-haves?
Thanks to Kleenex + Walmart for sponsoring today’s discussion.
30 thoughts on “10 Dorm Room Beauty & Style Essentials”
So fun! Now I want to decorate!
Love all your picks! That french bull dog makeup case is the cutest thing ever.
This is such cute stuff to have in a dorm! I miss being in college now 🙁 It was so much fun living in the dorms!
Portable makeup cases saved my life! And seriously ,I wish I’d been this organized when I moved into one!
I love the makeup brushes, so cute.
Your picks were spot-on! I love that chair– I can see it in my office now. 🙂
I love the colors of the Kleenex boxes. They can really help liven up the room! I want one for my desk to add a pop of color.
I never had a dorm room, but it would have been a lot of fun to decorate it like this! The colors you picked are so cute.
This makes me miss college 🙁 One of my must haves was a mini fridge for fruit and veggies and a super comfy comforter.
These are all such great dorm room essentials! I love using mason jars for storing make-up brushes and more!
Love the patterns they offer! Great list!
Mason jars are the best.
This makes me miss college.
I love all of these. That blue chair really caught my eye.
Love them all…wish I were going back to school 🙁
Great picks! I love that jewelery tree!
I’m out of college but want all of these for my house!
Cute stuff, I love that wall charger! 🙂
Love your collage! I especially love that teal/turquoise chair!
I love your picks! Here did you find that makeup case?
Ooh love that chair! The colors are gorgeous!
Awesome post. I am in love with that chair!!
Such cooler stuff for dorms now than when I was younger
Great list! The makeup case with dogs on it is adorable!
This makes me miss college. But I think I may pick up a few of the things on your list anyway…hehe
That chair is gorgeous! Jewelry trees are definitely essentials. I even like using them purely as decorations (not hanging any jewelry on them sometimes)!
A feminine wall mirror is absolutely a great item to have. You may not always have to splurge on it, checking out some awesome thrift stores might get you exactly what you need. The dorm days — definitely miss those days at times.
I have an obsession with all things chevron! I love those adorable new Kleenex boxes! Those makeup brushes are adorable too! Thanks for sharing!
I love some of these ideas for around the house! These would make any dorm room pretty swanky! 🙂
I sent my 5 year old off to Kindergarten with a few of these, that’s close enough, right? lol
Yes yes yes to the mason jars. They can be used for so many things